It was our coldest morning of bird counting at 38 degrees on Schoodic Point at 6:30 a.m. But we were bundled up and it wasn't too bad as we counted over 2,000 birds on the day.
This morning the air temperature was a little warmer, but it was overcast and there was a cold wind blowing. It was a busy morning and we were fortunate to have help from Kyle & T. Kyle is a top notch birder and works at a National Park unit in Vermont. We ended up counting almost 3,000 birds with almost double our recent record for Northern Gannets.
Today was a beautiful, warm day, and we were planning to do some hiking. But Linda's neck issue flared up, and I decided to get some work done. Mostly, I finalized contracts for the speaking engagements we're doing at RV shows in January and February.
If you are in the following areas on the following dates, come out and see us.
Knoxville RV Super Show, Sevierville Convention Center, Sevierville, TN, January 6 - 8, 2017
Greater Chicago Schaumburg RV Show, Schaumburg Convention Center, Chicago, IL, January 13 - 15, 2017
Chattanooga RV Super Show, Chattanooga Convention Center, Chattanooga, TN, January 20 - 22, 2017
Cincinnati - Dayton RV Super Show, Airport Expo Center, Dayton, OH, February 2 - 5, 2017
Columbus RV Super Show, Greater Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, OH, February 10 - 12, 2017
NCRVDA Raleigh RV Show, North Carolina State Fairgrounds, Raleigh, NC, February 24 - 26, 2017
Today the weather wasn't very nice. Linda did laundry, and I got disturbing phone calls and texts from Louisville.
My Dad fell again, and his team said he had experienced a significant downturn. He wants to see Linda, and we had thought he would be okay until we got back there the second week of November. But his nurses said he told them he didn't think he was going to make it until then. One was crying on the phone causing me to lose it.
Just in case, we decided to go ahead and fly in while he is still coherent.
We went to talk to Seth. He has had a few deaths among his family and friends this year, and he is very understanding. He said we could pull out and end our work if necessary. We were concerned that we might be too late if we tried to tow all the way to Louisville over several days.
So we booked a flight for early tomorrow morning under Delta's "medical emergency" policy. The tentative plan is to get to him, evaluate the situation, and go from there. It's going to be a stressful time over the next few days and possibly weeks.
Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time.